Wednesday, April 21, 2010

FROM HATING JEWS TO LOVING JESUS, I GUESS

This American chap, who was an Imperial Wizard of the White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan and pro-wrestler, who's now an evangelical Christian, is coming to talk at a church near where I live. I'm almost tempted to go and hear the bloke speak - see how he turned down a better avenue and realised all the errors in his days - but I'm sure his story will be predictable and there'll be a vast, cringeworthy Hallelujah Factor. It's great this man has left the KKK and found Christ, but why give a guy who was in that backward organisation any platform whatsoever? Still, where I live, there is some palpable racism stemming from Aussie jingoism and southern cross hijacking, so maybe his message is needed.

LJ, April 21 2010.

No comments: