Saturday, July 23, 2011

POEM #1

It's about time I put some fresh, brief poems on this site. There's an old thought out there in writing land that the writer should eavesdrop on conversations so as to attain interesting ideas for their own arrested writing. I've listened in to discussions occasionally, only to be disappointed by the boring tripe dribbling from dry mouths. Yesterday though, presented a beautiful discourse between two maths teachers at work that was mainly lost on me (mathematics has always been my nemesis). I love it when the world isn't clear. It doesn't happen enough. Here, I've snatched fragments of their chat for effect...

WHAT I OVERHEARD TWO MATHS TEACHERS SAYING ON PI DAY

it's moving away
from the origin,
slowing down -
velocity has
to be positive -
kids will end up
with a negative

LJ, July 23 2011

No comments: